The Nevis Culturama Committee takes this opportunity to thank ALL kaisonians for their participation in the TDC sponsored Senior Kaiso Contest over the years and look forward to their participation in the Culturama 45 TDC Senior Kaiso Contest.
In 2013 the Nevis Culturama Committee introduced the payment of an incentive to kaisonians who released one kaiso song between April 1st and May 31st. This incentive of $500.00 was given to help defray costs associated with the production of the song.
The Nevis Culturama Committee is once again pleased to offer this incentive for the upcoming Nevis Culturama Festival. In order to qualify, kaisonians MUST be guided by the following:
- The kaisonian wishing to receive this incentive must register for the Senior Kaiso Contest by May 31st.
- The song MUST be officially released during a radio interview on a national radio station. NO internet releases on Social Media (Facebook, You Tube, Sound Cloud, Web Pages etc.) would be recognized as an official release.
- A copy of the song MUST be emailed in MP3 format to email@example.com within 48 hours after the official radio release. The email MUST contain the following information:
- Name of kaiso song
- Sobriquet of kaisonian
- Name of producer
- The song MUST be performed in at least one stage of the Senior Kaiso Contest i.e. eliminations, semi-finals or finals.
- The song MUST have a minimum of three verses and three choruses.
- The musical accompaniment for the song MUST consist of no less than seven (7) of the following instruments/parts (drums, percussions, piano, bass guitar, rhythm guitar, brass, synthesizers, strings, lead vocals and backing vocals) that are professionally recorded, mixed and mastered into a finished product.
- A printed copy of the music scores/sheets for the song MUST be presented in a clearly labelled envelope to the Culturama Secretariat located in the Cotton Ginnery Mall, Charlestown, Nevis on or before May 31st, The envelope is to be labelled as follows:
- Name of kaiso
- Sobriquet of kaisonian
- The music scores/sheets MUST have the following parts:
- 1st Trumpet
- 2nd Trumpet
- Tenor Sax
- Alto Sax
- Bass Guitar
- Rhythm Guitar
- Synthesizer (if this instrument forms part of the song)
Only songs that are accompanied by the full complement of music scores/sheets as outlined above will be considered for the $500.00 incentive.
Following the “official release” of the song, the Nevis Culturama Committee encourages the kaisonian/artiste to distribute the song to the other media houses in the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis for airplay.