The Nevis Culturama Committee encourages participants in the Culturama Senior Kaiso and the Soca Monarch Contests to commence preparation for their participation in the 2019 Nevis Culturama Festival Senior Kaiso and Soca Monarch Contests.
The committee will again offer an award of EC$500.00 for the first Kaiso song and the first Soca song released for this year’s festival.
In order to qualify for this award participants MUST be guided by the following:
- The song MUST be officially released during a radio interview on a national radio station. NO internet releases on Social Media (Facebook, You Tube, Sound Cloud, Web Pages etc.) would be recognized as an official release.
- A copy of the song MUST be received on CD by the Culturama Secretariat, Cotton Ginnery Mall, Charlestown, Nevis, or in MP3 format emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours after the official release on radio. The song MUST be accompanied by the following information:
- Name of calypsonian/artiste
- Name of calypso/soca
- Name of producer
- Genre of song
- Name of the competition the song would be entered into (Senior Kaiso Contest or Soca Monarch Contest)
- In the case of the Soca Monarch Contest, the category, whether it be Groovy or Power that the song would be entered into.
- The song MUST be entered/performed in at least one stage of the competition (elimination, semi-finals or finals) of either the 2019 Nevis Culturama Festival Senior Kaiso or Soca Monarch Contest.
- Only songs released between April 1st and up to the end of May 31st 2019 would be eligible for the award.
- The song MUST have a minimum of three verses and three choruses as in the case of a kaiso song and a minimum of two verses and three choruses as in the case of a soca song.
- The musical accompaniment for the song MUST consist of no less than five (5) of the following instruments (drums, percussions, piano, bass guitar, rhythm guitar, brass, synthesizers, strings, lead vocals and backing vocals) that are professionally recorded, mixed and mastered into a finished product.
Following the “official release” of the song, the Nevis Culturama Committee encourages the kaisonian/artiste to distribute the song to the other media houses in the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis for airplay.